Nearly everyone experiences back pain at some point in life. Lower back pain is the most common form of back pain and can make it difficult to do everyday tasks. Chiropractic care can help. At Arc of Life Natural Health Group in Ottawa, ON, our chiropractors, massage therapists, and naturopathic doctor all provide natural techniques for lower back pain. Our goal is to help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain is a prevalent condition that involves the muscles, bones, and nerves of the back. The pain can be an intense, sudden feeling or a dull, constant ache. Although symptoms of lower back pain vary depending on the underlying cause, common ones include:
- Tightness and muscle spasm in the pelvis, lower back, and hips
- Dull or achy pain in the lower back
- Pain occurring after prolonged standing or sitting
- Standing, walking, or sitting difficulties
- Pain that radiates to the legs, arms, and shoulders
Causes of Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. While some causes are unknown, common ones are:
- Degenerative disk: This condition occurs when the spinal disks in your lower back start to wear out, leading to inflammation. The pain typically originates in the lower back and radiates outward toward the thighs and buttocks.
- Spinal stenosis: This refers to a condition that causes narrowing of your spinal canal. Since the nerve roots are located in the spinal canal, this narrowing compresses them, resulting in pain.
- Herniated disks: Age, trauma, or heavy lifting can cause disks to bulge or rupture, compressing the spinal nerves.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve is compressed, pinched, or irritated, it results in a sharp pain that runs from the lower back to the legs through the buttocks.
- Osteoarthritis: This causes the cartilage of the vertebrae disks to wear out, leading to joint pain and stiffness.
Additional risk factors for lower back pain include age, trauma, work ergonomics, pregnancy, and diseases that affect nerves, bones, and joints.
How Our Team Relieves Lower Back Pain
When you visit us for lower back pain, our chiropractors will perform a physical exam to look for any underlying conditions. After a diagnosis, we will create a personalized plan for you. This can include one or a combination of techniques, like spinal adjustments, massage therapy, and more. Realigning the spine relieves tension and pressure in the back and on surrounding nerves.
Visit Us for Lower Back Pain Relief from Our Ottawa Chiropractors
If you are experiencing lower back pain, you don’t have to continue suffering. At Arc of Life Natural Health Group in Ottawa, ON, our chiropractors, massage therapists, and naturopathic doctor will alleviate your pain and help your back heal naturally. Call us today at (785) 272-2090 to schedule an appointment.